Putting your house on the market is a big decision and a lot of work can be involved before you are ready to go live on the market. When you list with the Tina Team, we help prepare you for this in order to get you the most money for your home and quickly.
The first step is for us to preview the home during the listing appointment. We will take notes on special features, and go over each item we think needs to be repaired, put away, replaced or moved. Once we’ve decided on a target market date, our listing coordinator emails this list out as a reminder on things we’ve discussed.
Inexpensive ways to maximize your home’s appeal:
For the Exterior:
· Keep the grass freshly cut
· Remove all yard clutter
· Apply fresh paint to wooden fences
· Paint the front door
· Weed and mulch garden beds
· Clean windows inside and out
· Power wash or paint home’s exterior
· Tighten and clean all door handles
· Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached
For the Interior:
· Remove excessive wall hangings, personal photos, furniture, and knickknacks
· Clear off counter tops to show how much space there is
· Consider a temporary self-storage unit if you need to de-clutter
· Clean or paint walls and ceilings
· Shampoo carpets
· Clean and organize cabinets and closets
· Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps
· Clean all light fixtures
Since we know our clients have busy lives, we have partnerships with other businesses to help with these projects.
For de-cluttering and organizing we recommend using ZanCan. She has a special service she offers which includes pre-listing prep. This can really help take the stress out of getting the home ready for showings.
Before and After of hiring Zan!
If it’s a deep cleaning that you’d like to outsource, we have connections with Gabby from Maid in America. For staging, we often use Kathy West with Details Home Staging. Her portfolio and reviews can be found on her site.
We can recommend someone for any kind of job you may need done from our Preferred Professionals List. These are people we have used before and who have excellent testimonials from our past clients. If for some reason they do not meet our expectations, we take them off the list to ensure the best customer service is being provided to our clients.
Once these projects have been completed, our next step is to follow our marketing plan to showcase all the hard work you have done!
If you are interested in hearing more about our marketing plan, please reach out to us at 913.717.6132 or email email@example.com.